Old 21-02-2010, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Felling Trees now

"Broadback" wrote in message
I assume there must be a good reason for the proposed felling ,
disease or rot setting in perhaps? Make sure there isn't a
preservation order on it, otherwise you may need to apply to the
Planning dep for permission which shouldn't be a problem if it's
rotten or diseased to an extent that it may be a health & safety issue.
You are probably aware of this anyway, just my two pence worth in case.
Don

Sorry, forgot this.
http://www.ecotreecare.co.uk/wildlife-conservation.htm
Hope it helps.
Don

If it is rotten and dangerous then the birds will have to accept loss of
their nests this year.

--

Not sure if there is a TPO on it, but that is not any problem because of the
risk it is presenting.

Mike

--
Base for a Botanic visit to the Isle of Wight?
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk