Old 19-04-2003, 03:44 AM
plantkiller

Default Can Elephant Ears be started in Water??

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:30:51 -0400, "BiG Orange" @ wrote:

Did you get the 2/5.00 ones? I got mine at the nursery for 5.00 but the bulb
was twice the site of the ones at Wal Mart. I planted it outside right
before the last frost.

Wal Mart carries both sizes. The smaller ones ( 2 for 5.00) and a
Larger size for 5.00 per bulb. I picked up the larger size.
Hopefully it will make a large container plant. To avoid planting
the bulb upside down, (done that already) I'd like to try
starting it in water, before planting it.

From my past experience, elephant ears prefer a warm environment.
Had great luck in the summertime, but a cold winter settled in and
the elephant ear bulbs never bloomed again. A fun plant to have.