Old 19-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Kelly Upton

Default algae in new tank

My betta is doing good and I have yet another leaf showing itself on my
banana plant. I think I am going to get the Bio-wheel filtering thing on my
tank and was wondering if that one would help control this algae that is out
of control. It is a really bright green looking stuff--not at all like the
brown diatoms hubby gets in his reef tank. I don't mind too much if it
grows on the bottom because it kind of looks like grass from a distance but
it is starting to get on the glass and my 'sunken fighter plane' where Clyde
likes to sleep. If you know what this stuff is and how to get it to slow
down, I would appreciate your help.

Kelly