Old 23-02-2010, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default good fruit/vegetable choices for 3-4 year stay?

Ohioguy wrote:
We are buying a house, and it is likely we will be at the place for
around 3 or 4 years before moving. As such, I've been trying to
figure out what plants to focus on. Obviously, we shouldn't really
plant anything that takes 4+ years to mature.

I seem to recall planting a Hale Haven peach, and getting a decent
crop the second year from that. Also, I was thinking of rhubarb,
perhaps some strawberries, and maybe asparagus.

Strawberries and rhubarb will produce in a few months and go on for several
years at least, I wouldn't bother with trees or asparagus.

David