Old 23-02-2010, 02:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default Spring Is Here

On 2/22/2010 1:39 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
I already guessed that winter was over when I saw 'Soleil d'Or',
'February Gold', and 'Peeping Tom' narcissus blooming in my garden.
Today, I confirmed it when I saw the first crocus.

Yeah. I've had crocus blooming for a few days now and the smaller narcissus
are just getting opening up. The taller ones are always slower and, given that
they broke ground in December before the cold weather hit and froze their
tips, they may be a bit slower than usual this year. I figure that Spring is
here when I can smell the first Hyacinths and that will be a while yet.

my little white crocus's came up weeks ago and now a few yellow ones.
My hyacinths are up about and inch as are my daffy's. Slugs have
already attacked my tulips. Gotta figure something out...worry about
the neighbor dogs and cats though I do make sure they are not
around when I but the bait down. Seems it's mostly curiosity that
gets most cats and dogs eating, smelling the stuff. But if they see me,
they're likely to come check out what I've been doing.

It's another beautiful day hear in the Pacific NW. My 86 year old
aunt's lawn is calling out my name.

Donna
in WA
zone 8-9