Old 23-02-2010, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default Rain Gauge In Garden (David)

Yep, a straight sided cup would work fine also. You could even use a
ruler to measure the amount of rain in the cup if you needed a real
accurate measurement. I was aware of using a cup like you mention and
even thought about it. The fact is, it's not only my legs that are
bad, my eyes aren't much better either. I call it old age.......LOL
The rain gauge I bought is large at 13" high and it also magnifies when
it has water in it with nice big numbers. Hopefully this should serve
me well in the garden.

Rich

Well, I guess I'll LOL right along with you, Rich, as age has taken it's
toll on my eyes as well.

I find it amazing the conversations on the top topic of "rain gauges" .

There are many weather station that would more then welcome
any daily/weekly measurement you obtain from your home. That's
how "they" learn what's changing out there when it comes to the
weather. And I'm sure they wouldn't take any measurements
gathered by a cup.

Donna
in WA
zoning is area 8-9