Old 23-02-2010, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

Peter Clinch wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[wellies]

I wouldnt, they are much too long for walking far.

There is a reason the military dont use them anymore.

If a dander across the local farmlands had a significant
degree of commonality with a 30 mile forced march
with a 30 kg pack then that'd be a good point...

They dont just use other than wellies for 30mile forced marches with a 30Kg pack.

Gamekeepers etc. are happy to work in them, covering that sort of land all day, every day.

Most of them dont in fact use wellies.

If they're good enough for them, they're probably good enough for us.

Wrong again. They wear them every day all day, we dont.