Old 23-02-2010, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping couch grass out of polytunnels

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
. uk...
My niece lives on a farm in the Vale of York, rather sandy soil. It is
an organic farm. One of the problems is couch grass growing under the
edges of the polytunnel. The stolons grow about 4" deep and they grow
an astonishingly long way. It causes a LOT of work to get rid of it.

Others must have similar problems and have found answers. What are the
answers?

Michael Bell

--

If anyone knows how to get rid of couch grass (we call it "twitch" here in
Leics) please let me know. Apart from bombing it or spending your whole