Old 23-02-2010, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Botanical Oddity

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:20:10 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
.. .

Sounds like a well rounded ogre. He has a nice nest at least.

Yeah. Never vacuums though. It's a mess.

Sounds nice, and homey.

BTW I wouldn't mind driving around in that 1946 custom super Packard. I
heard from somone who knew Al Barns that he used to go to the plant and
order his Packard custom to his wishes. He was in his latest when he
pulled out in front of a fully loaded Cement Truck. Wamo. gone in a flash.
For those who don't know, Albert Barns founded the Barns foundation. I
worked there for a while.

Was it Barnes with an "e"?

Yeah I posted a picture in another NG a while ago of a dark blue '46 Packard
Custom Super Clipper sedan on the long wheelbase chassis. Is that the one?
Gee that was nice. I liked it myself.

When I was 9 I had an 8 year old buddy on the next block who lived with his
grandparents. His grand dad had a big '40 something Packard. One day we
were in his garage sitting in the Packard and one of us - probably me -
decided to see how the cigarette lighter worked. It worked fine. I tested
it on the seat cover.

Geez I got in trouble for that.

What a trauma that must have been. And, yes you are correct. Wasn't
in full gear when I typed before.
The Barnes Foundation, soon to be in Philadelphia. I am glad I got to
work there in Merion at the original place. Quite a wonderful place to
work it was. I did a few major conservation jobs on paper and
uncoverd at least one Picasso unknow until I removed the acid backing
from another. Here is a link to it.
http://www.barnesfoundation.org/