Old 24-02-2010, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default potatoes when? And big uns

"Brownfingers" wrote in message
When do the nurseries get the seed potatoes in? Now?

I've grown some nice potatoes and some not so nice, but I can never
get big ones for jacket potatoes or fat chips. Any advice on type or
technique. (I'm on very well drained soil, maybe I need more
watering?)
-

Quite possibly. This -

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...f/P1010016.jpg

is what I do. The piping came from a skip, and I made holes along it's
length and I bury it in the trench with the seed potatoes so I can water
direct to the roots by pouring it down the pipe.

Steve