Old 25-02-2010, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default I am running late

I have done nothing about my garden this year. By now I usually have
seeds started at least. I try to blame it on the weather, I can't get
to the greenhouse. Maybe if I cleared the path.

Besides, my Seed Planner program would not install after my computer
died. And the company has gone out of business. I have the original
install program and registration information but no go. And my
computer is not allowed to call out unless I give permission. A
couple of days ago I was bemoaning this to my husband. He says
"Change the system date. If you have the original files and it is not
calling home, it must be the date." So I changed the system date to
2005, installed the program and put in the registration, changed the
date back and IT WORKS. I have lost the information from last year
but everything through the middle of 2008 is there. Fortunately I
have not bought many seeds recently and since last year was such a
bust the information doesn't matter. Now I am ready to get started.
Right after the doctor's appointment.

Think I will start on onions and beets.
--
USA