Old 25-02-2010, 12:25 PM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default parsley shape

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:
i have parsley (both curly & italian) which self-seeds about the
place (i'm too lazy to grow it in an organised manner, and also i
find it really hard to germinate whereas it germinates wonderfully if
just left to do its thing).

I do the same. Except when a WWOOFer weeded all the seedlings :-(

Me too to a certain extent, but in the last couple of days, I've actually
harvested seed from one spot and spread it along the edge of two beds where
I was also putting in Silver Beet seeds. I had done that in very early
Spring with some other parsley seed and it is doing far better than in the
spot where most of my self seeded Italian parsley is.

lately i have noticed that the curly parsley has almost entirely lost
its curl and is paler than it used to be! it doesn't quite look like
italian parsley, but it's really not tightly curly & dark like it
should be. it looks like a small version of italian.

(snip
L iberal nitrogen fertiliser and water.

I too thought that when I read your description of the parsley being pale
and not lush. It really does respond very well to both but then these days
I only grow Italian parsley. I don't like curly parsley as I don't like the
mouth feel of it and it seems to catch in the back of my throat.