Old 25-02-2010, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default cucumbers

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:09:29 -0000, "dido22"
wrote:

hello,

I'm growing a few cucumbers this year from seed. The variety I chose
requires the male flowers to be removed. I've done this before & have no
problems.

My question ..... Why only remove the male flowers ? why not remove the
female flowers as well ? They clearly dont need to be pollinated ?

They'll happily die and fall off by themselves.

If you remove female flowers too early you risk damaging the
cucumber's growing tip.

--