Old 25-02-2010, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default cucumbers

On 25 Feb, 12:27, ®óñ© © ²°¹° wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:09:29 -0000, "dido22"

wrote:
hello,

I'm growing a few cucumbers this year from seed. The variety I chose
requires the male flowers to be removed. I've done this before & have no
problems.

My question ..... * *Why only remove the male flowers ? why not remove the
female flowers as well ? They clearly dont need to be pollinated ?

They'll happily die and fall off by themselves.

If you remove female flowers too early you risk damaging the
cucumber's growing tip.

--

This has to be a wind up.