Old 26-02-2010, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default duckweed

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2010-02-26 08:09:01 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Makoto" wrote
I am looking for duckweed plants(Lemna minuta).
I need to cover 15㎡ pond area.
This plants for HAMPTON COURT PALACE FLOWER SHOW 2010.
If some one can give to me, I can provide a tickets for HAMPTON
COURT
PALACE FLOWER SHOW 2010.

This has to be another "wind-up". Everyone I know spends lots of
time and money getting rid of the stuff.

Once upon a time people used to deliberately grow Japanese knotweed and
Rosebay Willowherb.

If it's true, looks like you could have a sale Sacha. :-)

You read my mind. Psssst - wanna buy a pond! Is that duckweed 'our' duckweed?

The commoner duckweed is Lemna minor. Lemna minuta is a rare alien,
distinguished from Lemna minor by the leaves having one primary vein,
rather than three. For the purposes of a show garden I would have
thought that they would be interchangeable.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley