Old 26-02-2010, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Tim Jackson Tim Jackson is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:14:04 -0800, SMS wrote...
Maybe the original poster needs to spend a year in the U.S. to learn
proper English.

Nah, he wouldn't learn it proper like what English is spoke in England.

One friend from the U.K. was in a Walgreen's here (a
drug store chain) and his wife who had just moved to the U.S. yelled
over to him, "hey Ray, do we have any rubbers in the house." On one
backpacking trip I was on, it was time to wash the dishes, the leader
asked one participant who had just moved from he U.K. to the U.S. if he
had brought along a scrubber to which he replied "I didn't know that it
was permitted."

Just as long as he didn't have a fag in the tent.

--
Tim Jackson
lid