Old 26-02-2010, 04:45 PM posted to aus.gardens
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default To those of a sensitive nature please don't read

Rod Speed wrote:
Linda wrote:

This morning my cat attacked a dove, the wing had been destroyed, I
believed the dove was dead. so I put it in a plastic bag.
Later in the morning my daughter went to put it in the bin!
Unfortunately it was alive. She screamed out to me.
I (deep breath) tried to wring it's neck, didn't work, so I hit it's
neck with a spade the sand was too soft. Finally on the paving it
was over. I can't stop crying. I just wish I could have done a quick
job.

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

Gas it with the car exhaust if you cant work out how to wring its neck.

You use a grey water hose on the car exhaust and do it with a cold engine.

With a single bird, its even easier to just put the bag over the
car exhaust with some sticky tape etc and a few holes in the bag.

Thats how they dispose of starlings and indian mynahs caught in traps etc.

I don't have a man in my life so I have to face this on my own...