Old 19-04-2003, 06:44 AM
andrew wheeldon

Default Help! My performed pond is floating!

"ponder" wrote in message
It floated full of water?
Do you have a pic?
Yes you need drainage,

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Amy, How about if you remove the pond then get the water
out of the hole? Sounds like ground water is floating your
pond out of the hole.
According to Helen Nash's book "The Complete Pond
Builder" the Chapter on Drainage says to put down several
inches of crushed stone then sand should help. Also she
talks about digging a trench (this is what I did to my pond)
about a foot from the pond and putting down 4 inch drainage pipe...

cover
with rock and then sod. I do rcommend buying Helen's
book ... what a find it is!

Nedra in Missouri

"jammer" wrote in message
On 13 Apr 2003 11:35:02 -0700, (Amy) wrote:

I created a raised garden in my yard and put a small 80 gallon
preformed pond in it. I packed topsoil all around it as I filled it
with water. This all worked great until I turned the drip system in
the garden on. The pond just floated up out of the hole!! Are there
any suggestions as to how to correct this? Can I put the pond in

with
concrete around it? Please help!!
Thanks,
Amy

That's about what i have. I can't imagine it floating with water in
it! I would freak. This may give me a nightmare tonight.

Another point to bear in mind is if the hole is retaining water so well do
you need a lined.
I know some people who dug a large hole in a damp part of their garden in
order to build a pond, the hole filled up with water it's self and they
still don't have a liner in it.
Andy