Old 27-02-2010, 06:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default To those of a sensitive nature please don't read

atec 77" "atec 77 wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Linda wrote:

This morning my cat attacked a dove, the wing had been destroyed,
I believed the dove was dead. so I put it in a plastic bag.
Later in the morning my daughter went to put it in the bin!
Unfortunately it was alive. She screamed out to me.
I (deep breath) tried to wring it's neck, didn't work, so I hit
it's neck with a spade the sand was too soft. Finally on the
paving it was over. I can't stop crying. I just wish I could have
done a quick job.

What's the quickest way to humanely do this?

Gas it with the car exhaust if you cant work out how to wring its
neck.

You use a grey water hose on the car exhaust and do it with a cold
engine.

With a single bird, its even easier to just put the bag over the
car exhaust with some sticky tape etc and a few holes in the bag.

Thats how they dispose of starlings and indian mynahs caught in
traps etc.

I don't have a man in my life so I have to face this on my own...

A cruel and nasty way to finish it of but from you not unexpected in
it's cowardice

The bird passes out and then dies from carbon monoxide poisoning, it is
quick and fairly painless. If one does not have the ability to break its
neck or decapitate it in one go it seems a reasonable alternative to me.
Please explain why this is cruel and nasty.

David