Old 27-02-2010, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

On 23 Feb, 17:03, Christopher Loffredo wrote:

My non-Gore-Tex boots are certainly neither cheap nor low-end. In fact,
full-leather non-Gore-Text boots usually cost as much or more than the
ones with.

That would be my other bit of advice - keep a weather eye on prices.
I've seen a 3-to-one variation in the same boots from farm shop in
Lincolnshire to Barnard Castle hardware store to dedicated outdoor
hyperstore in manchester