Old 28-02-2010, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grow A Little Extra This Year If You Can! Help A Neighbor :)

EVP MAN wrote:
I have been out of work for over two years now when my company
downsized in this poor economy. Times are tough and going to get a
whole lot tougher for sure! I'm very lucky in the respect that I'm
61 years old and only have one more year to go till I can retire on
social security. That is if that program is still in existence a year
from now. Guess what I'm really trying to say is: help your
neighbor out a little if you can. I'm planting way more vegetables
in the garden this spring than my wife and I could ever use. The
reason being, I want to be able to do what I can to help out other
less fortunate people in this dire time of need. I plan to put a
folding table near the curb on my front lawn and fill it with fresh
veggies each day. I'll also have some saved grocery bags on the
table and a sign that says FREE ......PLEASE TAKE WHAT YOU NEED BUT
REMEMBER OTHERS MAY BE IN NEED TOO! With unemployment being as it
is, I would imagine the veggie table will be quite a hit in the
neighborhood. It may be truly appreciated by some, others will take
advantage and some will won't care either way. This won't deter me
one bit. Why? Because I know In my heart that I'm doing the right
thing. We all need to help each other right now if we can because
the government sure don't give a shit about any of the once middle
class population!!!
May sound like a crazy idea to some but I was just brought up that way
when neighbors still helped neighbors

Rich From PA......... Zone 6

I always give away excess to neighbours every year and ask nothing in
return. But it comes back anyway.

David