Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lawn Guy Lawn Guy is offline

Default My Poor Lawn

Pooryellowgrass wrote:

I have terrible yellow patches from our puppy and down the left
hand side of our fence and back of the fence the garden has just
died altogether, im wanting some advice on the best method of
salvaging the lawn, it was turfed around 4months ago and never
really looked healthy since

Why are you asking now, in February, when the night-time temperature in
Leeds (UK) is going to be -3 tonight, and you barely hit the freezing
point during the day.

You put down sod in November and expect it to look good right now?

Where are your brains?

There's something called WINTER happening right now, and it generally
makes most plant life LOOK LIKE SHIT until it's over.

I have hired a gardening company to come 3 times a year to
fertilise the lawn by injecting it or something (sorry i
know nothing at all about gardening!)

You have more money than brains - that much is clear.

And why are you posting to usenet via the lame and spammy web interface
known as a "banter" site?

im wanting a little advice on things i could do to help growth
of the lawn,

Wait until spring. How's that for advice?

What do you think you can do right now?

Do you think watering the lawn is going to help RIGHT NOW?

Do you think that spreading fertilizer or grass seed is going to help
RIGHT NOW?