Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default I Bet You're jalouse of my olive oil!

Tonyfrost wrote:
I think I'm very lucky to live in a typical tuscan hill,
In autumn I get to produce my own olive oil,
But I've just found out that Bruschetta (Toast with garlic and olive
oil)
Isn't the only beauty of of this precious product.
Discover these 8 surprising uses for olive oil.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-h...ts-uses-460609

Some of those uses certainly are surprising.

I particularly like the idea of reducing snoring by lubricating the throat
with olive oil, who knew that snoring was caused by lack of lubrication.
Here was I thinking that snoring was exacerbated by those who lubricate the
throat too much with food or drink.

And of course it can be used as a personal lubricant. It doesn't say if
extra virgin olive oil is required. I doubt that there are many extra
virgins around here but in those Tuscan hills you never know. And it can be
applied to smooth the skin after shaving. Two uses in one! Three if you
add in polishing the furniture at the same time. I am all for re-use and
recycle.

I bet you can use for polishing the ornaments or "polir le Chinois" as they
say just over the border in France. If you are in a hurry it frees stuck
zippers. Those hot-blooded Mediterranean people sure are ingenious.

David