Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Pruning plum trees.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
I want to prune a couple of plum trees which have got a bit tangled.
I have read that the best time to do this is June because of the risk of
silver leaf infection.

However I'm keen to do it now. Is there something I could paint on the
cuts/wounds to compensate for non-ideal time of year?

If you get a good reply from this I'd be interested,
I'm terrified to prune my plum trees - they so hate it, and like yours they
are getting a bit tangled.
Tina