Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Pruning plum trees.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 Christina Websell wrote:

I want to prune a couple of plum trees which have got a bit tangled.
I have read that the best time to do this is June because of the risk of
silver leaf infection.

However I'm keen to do it now. Is there something I could paint on the
cuts/wounds to compensate for non-ideal time of year?

If you get a good reply from this I'd be interested,
I'm terrified to prune my plum trees - they so hate it, and like yours they
are getting a bit tangled.

Well, that's what I've actually been doing today. Admittedly one of
them, a greengage, is a bit sick. Not silver leaf but the trunk is a bit
rotten. I'll let you know in a year's time whether it was successful!

David

http://rance.org.uk