Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
I had four years of monitoring the cracks, but they bit the bullet in the
end. £23,000 worth of work to the side and back of my house in 2003, but
now the front is cracking and I hardly dare tell them.
Not least because it was a dreadful experience and I don't want to go
through it again. I'm trying to ignore the cracks breaking through the
wallpaper.
Tina
A structural engineer friend, on looking at some cracks in my walls said, "A good rule of thumb is if you can get your hand in the crack then get it dealt with urgently, if you can get a finger in them them start getting some quotes and think about it, otherwise ignore them until they get bigger."