Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Keeping Two Legged Critters Out Of Your Veggie Garden

In a previous post I mentioned setting up a table in the front yard
offering excess veggies for free to the deprived folks in our town. As
the economy continues to worsen ( and don't believe for a minute the
upturn you read about) it may not be a wise idea to advertise the fact
that you have a garden in your back yard! With so many people living
out of their cars, in tent cities and unemployment compensation checks
about to run out, I have reconsidered my idea about the free veggies.
People have to eat and if they know you have a nice garden out back,
where is the first place they will head in the middle of the night while
your sleeping? You get the picture! I now think it may indeed be wise
to keep your garden as low keyed as possible and maybe even hidden from
sight as much as possible from prying eyes and people passing by on the
street. Two legged critters could sure wipe out a garden quicker than
rabbits, squirrels or slugs. Just a thought

Rich