Old 03-03-2010, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
The Henchman The Henchman is offline

Default Water softeners and indoor potted plants.

"Nelly Wensdow" wrote in message
I have several plants & a tree indoors. I live in a place with
off-the-scale hard water, and I only soften the hot side - and then only
with potassium, not sodium.

Most people only soften the hot side but our softener has built in charcoal
filter bed because our town has horrible chlorine issues, so we do the the
cold side at all taps as well. The water here is very very hard as well.

You mention dormancy: can you go into detail about this and please
remember I am a dummy so intorductory explanations please. I'd really
appreciate the lesson....