Old 03-03-2010, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Bob Noble Bob Noble is offline

Default Oily Water Turned Soil Gray!!!

I'd top soil it and let nature do her thing. She'll break down the chemicals
if given time. Remember oil is organic and comes from rotted trees. Soil is
good at breaking most chemicals down into something else, if given some
time.
On the blacktop, I'd take some soil and put it on there too, sweep it
around, let it dry, wet it down and sweep it around a bit. I usually use dry
soil to pick up fresh oil spills on my asphalt. Leave it on there for awhile
if you can and move it around once in awhile.
--
Bob Noble
http://www.sonic.net/bnoble

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
computertechnology...

"Jim" wrote in message
Can one of you with experience in this type of situation help the OP?

MICHELLE H. wrote:

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, my car had a major oil leak ( Rear Main Seal ), and
when I started it up, oil basically POURED right out in A STREAM, and my
car went through one quart of oil in like 5 minutes. There was a HUGE
puddle of oil all over the driveway. I used kitty litter to try to soak
it all up. and then tried to wash it away with some "Dawn Dish Soap".

Anyway, now everytime it rains, the driveway gets puddles of that
"rainbow colored" oily water. When I try to wash it with the "Dawn Dish
Soap", the white foamy bubbles from the Dish Soap turn all Black. So the
bubbles all turn this foamy Black color, and the water underneath is all
rainbow colored.