Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default Oily Water Turned Soil Gray!!! ( Lawn Guy )

"Lawn Guy" wrote:

"Or did you do exactly as you said - which was to create a muddy mess of
it and they try to wash the whole thing down the road? I don't have to
tell you what a bone-head assinine thing that would be to do".

END
---------

First of all, no need to be rude, and second of all, HUH?????? I NEVER
said ANYTHING about washing it down the road!!!!! My driveway is NOT on
a hill. The driveway is about 125 feet long and it is flat. The leak
happened on the opposite end of the driveway from the road where I park
the car, which is about 100 or so plus feet from the road.

Also, what I said was that the driveway is flat, and paved asphalt, but
is also old ( don't know WHEN it was paved last ), and the driveway has
some cracks and bumps in it. So when it rains or the snow melts, the
water were I park my car runs over to the grassy side of the driveway.
The oil mixed in with the water, and turned the soil GRAY.

Next, this oil leak happened in December, when it was like 20 degrees
outside, and so there was no way I could try to wash it away.

Okay, to answer your questions, I am in the Northeast, and yesterday it
was 60 degrees outside. Today its in the 40's with drizzle, and this
weekend its suppose to be back up into the high 40's and mid 50's. We
have only had about 16 inches of snow for the entire winter, and our
BIGGEST storm was a whopping 4 inches. Every other storm was a mere
dusting, wet slushy snow, or less than 2 inches.

Yes, I have been using rock salt in the driveway, because when the snow
melts off the house roof ( no gutters on driveway side of house ), and
it drips down into the driveway, it freezes at night, and turns the
driveway into a skating rink.

But yesterday was 60 outside. Today 40's and high 40's and mid 50's for
the next week.

NO, the ground is NOT frozen, as it is in the mid 30's at night.