Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Growing Eggplants For The First Time This Year

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:13:47 -0500, (EVP MAN)
wrote:

I never grew eggplants before so I really don't know what to expect.
I'll be growing Black Beauty which is an old heirloom. I really don't
know how tall the plants get but I'm going to put stakes in just in case
their needed. I'm planting them in the same row as my tomatoes and
peppers. Not sure about production either. Not sure how many eggplants
to expect each plant to produce??? One thing I'm sure about is the fact
that I love them breaded and fried

For a newbie especially with a limited space garden I strongly
recommend the long narrow oriental varietals.
http://www.burpee.com/product/vegeta...+-+long+purple
%2C+organic+%281+pkt.%29.do?search=basic&keyword=e ggplant&sortby=newArrivals&page=all