Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.consumers.house,misc.rural,sci.bio.entomology.misc
Vandy Terre Vandy Terre is offline

Default Indoor ant problem - please help

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:55:12 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag wrote:

I've got major ant problem in my kitchen. I've already posted the
details he

http://groups.google.com.au/group/al...b8ba9fc?hl=en#

I'd really appreciate it if someone could read the message I've
posted, and give me some specific advice.

Thanks.

Baby powder can be used inside the home to mask trails and suffocate ants.

Flour dumped over a nest results in the nest becoming empty. Don't know if it
kills the ants or just makes them move.

Uncooked grits dumped over a nest are mistaken for ant eggs and carried into the
nest. The grits swell when the rain reaches them and block air tunnels, killing
the nest.

Wood ash, from your fireplace, spread over the nest, kills the nest with the
next rain. Do not use wood ash where pets, children or livestock can reach.
Wet wood ash is lye.