Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
biig biig is offline

Default Potato experiment.

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
In article ,
Balvenieman : wrote:

wrote:

I'm in peninsular Florida, U.S.A. where normal potato-planting time
is December, which makes obtaining seed potatoes a bit of a problem . . .

From
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HS183 it would appear that you could get
seed potatoes from your local store, or order potatoes that store well
this Spring, and store or refrigerate until next Fall.
--

In a previous post, I mentioned that I planted potatoes in a garbage
pail as an experiment. I had some russets that had started to sprout. I