Old 19-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Rory Bennison

Default Does a plant with these properties exists?

In New Zealand the common plant with these properties and glue like sap is
the Flax plant, there are many varities so a google search would be the way
to go
"Arthaey Angosii" wrote in message
I'm looking for a plant with narrow, thin, flat, flexible stalks or leaves
suitable for braiding. Ideally, said plant would also have a sticky sap

that
could act as a glue to bind several braids together.

I'm envisioning each braid being about 1/8" to 1/4" in width and as thin

as
possible -- under 1/8", hopefully.

Does such a thing exist? Californian plants would be most useful.

--
AA

PS - If this isn't the proper newsgroup to ask this on, I apologize and

would
appreciate suggestions as to where to post instead. Thanks!