Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Oily Water Turned Soil Gray!!! ( Trader )

On Mar 4, 10:59*am, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the great info, I really do appreciate it!!! Like I asked the
another poster "Bob", do you think "Play Sand" would help dry out the
oil spot in the driveway?? Because I have about half-a-bag of "Play
Sand" left over from the winter??

Cat litter is by far the common material of choice. But that is to
soak up initial spills. You could try, but I doubt it would be of any
value in getting the small remaining amount of oil that resides within
the surface of the asphalt. That small amount gets lifted out by
rain and appears as the sheen you see. Kind of like the drops of oil
that are still coming up at Pearl Harbor from the remains of the
Arizona. Hopefully your driveway won't go on that long.