Old 05-03-2010, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Pruning plum trees.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
I want to prune a couple of plum trees which have got a bit tangled.
I have read that the best time to do this is June because of the risk of
silver leaf infection.

However I'm keen to do it now. Is there something I could paint on the
cuts/wounds to compensate for non-ideal time of year?

mark

It really isn't worth the risk. Even if you use wound paint, you could be
sealing the disease in, rather than out. Wait until a hot, dry April day
*at the earliest*.

Spider