Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Moss

On 2010-03-05 11:33:35 +0000, Roy Bailey said:

What is the best method of eradicating a severe infestation of moss in
a lawn?

Moss killer and rake it out. OTOH, some people with shady, damp areas of
lawn actively encourage different types of moss to grow and make a
feature of it. Worth a thought, IMO. If you can't change the
shade/dampness, whatever causes the moss to grow, you may have to learn
to love it and its cousins. My own view is that it's green so that will
do nicely.

The mossiest area of our lawn has been colonised by cyclamen coum which
is a picture just now. Much better than boring old grass.
Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames