Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim[_23_] Jim[_23_] is offline

Default Gardener's World Friday 5th March 2010

Terry Fields wrote:
A new season starts...

Oh, and after 20 minutes, Alys turns up.

Erm... what time did you want her to turn up?

We had eight minutes of Toby and the Tomatoes: Toby cutting open seed
packets...Toby writing every label...Toby planting the seeds...

Toby explaining how to grow tomatoes...
Toby telling us about a new totally blight-resistant tomato...

A short appearance by Carol hinted at something interesting, but that
soon faded back to Toby.

Perhaps you fell asleep then? - she did a concise and interesting round
up of the ranunculaceae.

Twenty-three minutes in and there was a mention of the snowdrops being
late; why not mention that after the opening '46 frosts here' rather
than the plant that had suffered? The snowdrop article could have
kicked off the programme very well.

Are you for REAL???

This was a very poor start.

IYHO

If this goes on, I won't be watching.

There's just no pleasing some people
Half an hour packed with practical gardening information was what I saw

Jim
NE England