Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Planting My Asparagus Crowns

EVP MAN wrote:
I got a lot of great advice from this group and do appreciate all the
different combinations of gardening ideas from each and every post.

I think perhaps it would be a good idea to double dig my asparagus bed
only! I have read that asparagus roots go straight down to a depth of
twenty feet or more.

Improve the soil with much manure and compost as you go, asparagus loves it.

David