Old 06-03-2010, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marq Marq is offline

Default Growmore, I don't want to get this wrong

tazmainiandevil wrote in
:

I just bought a Ph tester that you stick into the ground. It was about
£5 from ebay, and seems to be doing the job nicely. Much easier than a
kit, you just stick the probe into moist soil and read a dial on a
gauge.

Thanks,
I did a search and Aldi are having them instore from Sunday, and I am gonna
grab one at £3.99

Anyone interested see link below:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...10-03-05-11-02

I will also buy a conventional tester to see how closely they are to each
others results.
Am I right in thinking that Ph will differ year to year depending on how I
treat the soil with organic matter I add?

Or am I wasting money as I tend to go overboard with a new project to try
and learn everything at once -run before walking.

Another one he
On one of my plots where I am going to sow peas and a few brassicas, it was
at the edge of a lawn and I turned the grass upsideside down last autumn.

Should I remove the sods or just get a nice tilth on the upper 2-4" and
hope for the best.(brassicas will be plants peas will be seed)

Many questions,

Marq.