Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I'm Not A Happy Camper Today :(

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:26:57 -0500, (EVP MAN)
wrote:

I got out of bed this morning only to find an e-mail telling me my
asparagus crowns were shipped to me. This is not good as I didn't
expect them until mid April. The bed they will call home isn't even
ready yet.....grrrrrrr!!! It's like now what do I do with the roots
until I can plant them? HELP! Any suggestions or ideas?

Rich

I'd be prepping the bed as they are being shipped. Look for that
first opportunity (not too wet, not frozen) to work the bed. In the
meantime, they should keep for weeks if kept cool and dry, maybe in an
unheated garage.