Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roy Bailey[_2_] Roy Bailey[_2_] is offline

Default Moss

In article , Sacha
writes
On 2010-03-05 11:33:35 +0000, Roy Bailey said:

What is the best method of eradicating a severe infestation of moss
in a lawn?

Moss killer and rake it out. OTOH, some people with shady, damp areas
of lawn actively encourage different types of moss to grow and make a
feature of it. Worth a thought, IMO. If you can't change the
shade/dampness, whatever causes the moss to grow, you may have to learn
to love it and its cousins. My own view is that it's green so that
will do nicely.

This is my wife's attitude and she has objected to my proposal to
eradicate it, but it has got so bad that it needs doing. I think most of
the problem is cutting the grass with a Flymo for several years, in
stead of removing the cuttings.

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey