Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default I'm Not A Happy Camper Today :(

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

I got out of bed this morning only to find an e-mail telling me my
asparagus crowns were shipped to me. This is not good as I didn't
expect them until mid April. The bed they will call home isn't even
ready yet.....grrrrrrr!!! It's like now what do I do with the roots
until I can plant them? HELP! Any suggestions or ideas?

What I do when this sort of thing happens is to get some big polystyrene
boxes (the sort that vegetables are shipped in) from the grocer. I punch a
few hole in the bottom, add potting mix and put the plant's/rhizomes/roots
into the potting mix. Sometimes they can stay there for up to a year. Some
thrive, some don't but I''ve yet to have a fatality.