Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default I'm Not A Happy Camper Today :(

Yea, I live in central PA. I haven't tried it yet but I do know that
several weeks ago we had a nice day and I went out and took some sod
off. That went pretty well but the soil was wet. If I can just get all
the sod off in the next three days it will help me out a lot. At least
I can flip the sod upside down and give it time for the grass roots to
die off until the soil is dry enough to work in the bed. If I do about
17' each day for the next three days, I'll have all the sod off.
That's the part I really hate and removing the sod does dig easier when
the ground isn't so dry and hard. It's just about 9 am here now and the
temp is up to 40. In about an hour I'll go out and give it a go.

Rich