Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Greenhouses

I'm thinking about getting a greenhouse this year to extend my season (I
live in Massachusetts). Last fall someone on this group suggested I try a
popup greenhouse because they are very cheap (under $150, some as low as
$50), rather then make any kind of major investment. Does any one have
any experience with them? There also seems to be a class of greenhouses
that are a step up, around $600-$700. The cheap ones are basically
plastic tents, the mid priced ones are aluminum and polycarbonate. I'd
like your opinions on both types. In my heart of hearts I've always
wanted a proper glass Victorian greenhouse, but that's real money so I
want to see if a greenhouse is helpful to me before I make that kind of
investment.