Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

"SMS" wrote in message
I doubt if you'll have any success. "Anti-GoreTex" is like a religion.
Facts have no effect.

Not at all. How about the fact that Gore-Tex only works PROPERLY in a very
small band of climatic conditions, both inside and outside the garment? I
know that in certain conditions I get wetter under a Gore-Tex garment than I
do under other types of material. Why? Because I've experienced it. As these
conditions tend to be preponderant, I don't use Gore-Tex. Period. Coupled
with that is the fact that my preferred material is HALF the price of
Gore-Tex and works as well if not better.