Old 19-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Trevor Woods

Default Where have all the earthworms gone????

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:50:38 GMT, "J. Morrow"
wrote:

Hmmm... some people lose their house keys, I lose all the earth worms. They
seem to have completely disappeared from my garden.

I turned over my compost - they aren't there. I've been digging around my
garden for several weeks now and no sign of the little buggers.

Is it a cause of the drought? Has anyone else noticed this in their garden?

I've noticed the same thing in my vegetable garden for some time now.
I just moved some material I have in a heap for mulching today, and
expected to see worms at the bottom of the heap where there was a
layer of compost from the last heap, but no. I also havn't seen many
bees in the garden this year.

Trevor