Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Have I Lost my Fuchsias?

Bob Hobden wrote:
Possibly, but they may come back from the roots. Been a nasty winter this

I kept thinking that with my fuchsias last year. Of 10 in the greenhouse
only 1 came back. :-(

year with days below freezing and outside constant rain such that I worry
for our garlic which is not looking well at all. Don't think it likes
growing in a very cold paddy field.

Surprisingly, my garlic is looking very fit and healthy all of a sudden!
And I finally got round to putting out 3 rows of onions yesterday, too.
(just the unspecified variety tricolour ones, holding onto the branded
variety ones for a while, just in case!)