Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_5_] Zootal[_5_] is offline

Default How to prevent earwig damage to pears?

(I don't remember if I asked this or not - if I did, I've forgotten the
answer and not been able to find the post...)

I have three aisan pears, and 3 regular pears. Last year I lost most of my
pears to earwigs. If I understand correctly, stopping this from happening
again is as simple as putting a sticky band on the trunk of the tree so
that they can't crawl up the tree to get to the fruit. Is it really that
easy?