Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike P the 1st Mike P the 1st is offline

Default The end of Japanese Knotweed ( JK)??

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:58:18 +0000, Martin Brown
gently dipped his quill in the best
Quink that money could buy:

wrote:
In article ,
Mike P the 1st wrote:
Suggest you go and read the the BBc news web site.

Oh, God! "..., including plants closely related to Japanese
knotweed such as bindweeds, ...."

Removing the vigour from bindweed would not be such a bad thing.
I doubt if any pest could take that stuff down.

I suspect the thing will be less effective against the knotweed than is
hoped too. There are multiple parasites and fungi that affect the stuff
in its native habitat, but most are too cold sensitive to live here.

We have to hope the thing doesn't do a cane toad on us.

Regards,
Martin Brown

I agree .. they would not be half as much fun flattening them as they
cross the road :-)

Mike P the 1st